17 Nov 2008

Holiday Post 2

So we're in Florida, and for the first 2 days we had very high temperatures for the time of year, then they all started chittering on the local weather stations about The Big Chill, and it's gone all the way down to 65 deg F (18 deg C for those of us who prefer SI units). It's perfect for us.

We managed to witness the shuttle launch on Friday evening, though we were all shattered. But you just have to make the extra effort to see something so amazing. I just couldn't stop thinking that there were people inside that huge cylinder of fire bursting into the sky. It was terrifying and thrilling just to watch.

The parks have been great fun. We got a special pass for Duncan and the staff here are so lovely and can't do enough for us. We're really enjoying that USA friendliness.

I've only booked a few minutes on the 'puter here and then I'm going to get a few coffees to bring up to the room for breakfast before we all head off to Epcot for the 1st time. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hope all the gang at home who read this are OK and I'll call later to find out about G and the baby who'll be out any minute now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun! Glad the weather cooled for you, it makes life so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're having such an exciting time. Just in case you have'nt heard yet, G had a baby boy today. All doing very well from what I've heard. On a sad note however, Ken's mum died today - Ken and Ger were on holidays but they came back early and were home when she passed away.
Chat to you soon! Trevor

Manuel said...

shuttle launch......my cup runneth over with jealousy......

Anonymous said...

Sharon!!

So glad to have found you again! I am terribly homesick of N.Ireland...

I am happy for you though, do enjoy Florida, we must catch up!

Say hello to the children, we miss you,

Esther

Ed said...

I'm glad you and your family are enjoying your vacation Sharon.

I hope the weather in Florida coperates with your vacation plans.

Sharon McDaid said...

Grannymar, the weather was prefect for us. I bought this brilliant sunscreen (Banana Boat) and lathered it on and didn't burn at all despite full days in the sun. I don't tan at all (unlike the rest of the family) so I don't even try.

Trevor, thanks for the catch up.

Manuel, it was something special all right, even though we didn't have such a great view. I can only imagine how awesome (awesome-o?) it would be to see such a thing closer up.

Hi Esther and how nice to hear from you. I hope you and the family are all well. It's a shame you had to go. Banbridge's loss!

Ed, we had a lovely holiday. I'll write some more about it soon.

Sharon McDaid said...

Susan, car insurance salesperson, plase quit spamming as I've plenty of time to keep deleting.