Well anyway, the best I could come up with is this;
- My right pupil is always a bit smaller than my left.
- When I met Gordon (in university halls of residence) we were friends for a few months, before he wanted to know if we could, well, be more than friends. His method of finding this out, was to generate a multiple choice questionnaire, all nicely printed out, and push it under my door. While it might seem that that's more of a weird thing about him, I thought it was great. We also used to write equations and draw graphs in our letters to each other when we lived apart. I mean, is it any wonder we've produced a neurodiverse child.
- I sucked my thumb until I had children of my own; then I finally decided I'd better quit. Lady started sucking her thumb the day she was born and still does. I'm not in the least bothered by this.
- I've never smoked and never tasted so much as a sip of any alcoholic drink until I was almost 30. (The fact that Duncan was born the year before really isn't related to this!)
- I had good reason to believe that I would need a little pharmacological kick to ovulate, when I wanted to start a family, so I was on a waiting list for a year to see a fertility specialist. During the appointment, the doctor asked me for a urine sample, which he took into a little back room where I could hear him rattling about for a while. After about 5 minutes he came out to announce that I was already pregnant. Probably the easiest job he'd ever had.
This went round the Autism Hub a while ago, but then it was only 5 weird things people were listing, and not 6, so I'm going to leave it at that.
I could go on, but some things are just private ;-)
If anyone wants to enlighten us with what is weird and wonderful about them, and has not been tagged already, then go right ahead.